Sabja Seeds = திரிசநாமம் (Thirisanam)
Sabja Seeds (திரிசநாமம்) is used for cooking and medicinal purposes. In Tamil, Sabja seeds are known as திரிசநாமம் (Thirisanam).
Sabja seeds, also known as basil seeds or tukmaria seeds, are small black seeds that are rich in several essential nutrients and offer many health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of consuming Sabja seeds:
- Aid in Digestion: Sabja seeds are rich in fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation. The mucilage or soluble fiber in the seeds can also help soothe the gut lining.
- May Help Control Blood Sugar Levels: Sabja seeds may help regulate blood sugar levels due to their high fiber content. They can also slow down the conversion of carbohydrates into glucose, thereby preventing sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.
- May Help in Weight Loss: Sabja seeds can promote satiety and reduce hunger pangs due to their high fiber content. They can also help regulate metabolic functions in the body and promote weight loss.
- May Help Reduce Inflammation: Sabja seeds contain essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. They can also help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, arthritis, and cancer.
- May Help Relieve Stress and Anxiety: Sabja seeds have a calming effect on the mind and body due to their high magnesium content. They can help reduce stress and anxiety and promote relaxation.
Overall, Sabja seeds are a nutrient-rich food that can provide many health benefits. They can be added to various dishes like drinks, desserts, and salads or soaked in water to form a gel-like substance for consumption. However, people with certain medical conditions should consult their doctor before consuming Sabja seeds.