Jowar = சோளம்
Jowar (சோளம்) is used for cooking and medicinal purposes. In Tamil, Jowar is commonly known as சோளம் (Soram).
Here are some of the benefits of including jowar in your diet:
- Rich in Nutrients: Jowar is a good source of several essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is also rich in antioxidants that can help protect your body against free radicals.
- Good for Digestion: Jowar is rich in fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation. It can also help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supports Weight Loss: Jowar is a low-calorie grain that can help you feel full for longer periods, reducing the urge to snack on unhealthy foods. It also contains complex carbohydrates that can provide sustained energy levels.
- Gluten-Free: Jowar is naturally gluten-free, making it an excellent alternative to wheat for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- May Reduce the Risk of Chronic Diseases: Some studies suggest that jowar may have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Overall, jowar is a healthy whole grain that can provide several health benefits. It can be used in various forms such as flour, flakes, and popped jowar for making bread, roti, dosa, idli, and other healthy dishes.