Toor Dal = Tuvaram paruppu (தூரம் பருப்பு)
Toor Dal (Tuvaram paruppu) is used for Medicinal as well as cooking purposes. Toor Dal is known as “Tuvaram paruppu (தூரம் பருப்பு)” in Tamil.
Here are some potential benefits of consuming toor dal:
- Rich in protein: Toor dal is an excellent source of plant-based protein, making it a valuable food choice for vegetarians and vegans.
- Rich in fiber: Toor dal is high in fiber, which can help promote regular bowel movements, improve digestion, and keep you feeling full for longer.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Toor dal is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- May help control blood sugar: The low glycemic index of toor dal may help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent sudden spikes and drops.
- May help reduce the risk of chronic diseases: Toor dal contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. Check Weekenders World to get more info.
- May aid weight loss: Toor dal is low in fat and calories and high in protein and fiber, which can help promote weight loss by keeping you feeling full and satisfied.
Overall, toor dal is a nutritious food that can be a valuable addition to a healthy diet. It can be used in a variety of dishes such as sambar, rasam, dal, and salads. However, it is important to consume toor dal in moderation as excessive consumption may cause flatulence and indigestion.