Kadala = chickpeas
Kadala (chickpeas) is used for cooking and medicinal purposes. In English, kadala is known as “chickpeas”
Chickpeas, also known as kadala or garbanzo beans, offer several health benefits. Here are some of them:
- High in protein: Chickpeas are a good source of plant-based protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- Good for digestion: Chickpeas are rich in fiber, which promotes digestion and can help prevent constipation.
- Lowers cholesterol: Chickpeas are low in saturated fat and high in fiber, which helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Regulates blood sugar: Chickpeas have a low glycemic index, which means they are absorbed slowly and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Promotes heart health: Chickpeas are rich in folate and magnesium, which help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts immunity: Chickpeas are a good source of vitamins and minerals that are important for immune system function, such as iron, zinc, and vitamin C.
- May help with weight management: Chickpeas are low in calories and high in fiber and protein, which can help you feel fuller for longer and may aid in weight management.
Overall, adding chickpeas to your diet can provide numerous health benefits and is a healthy and nutritious food choice.
Leave a Reply